View Single Post
      07-08-2012, 12:22 AM   #52
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtrey View Post
The M-6 was locked (conv't) so I just reached in. Certainly felt thinner than the 135 wheel I was quite familiar with from my 135 and M-3 before it.

However they did not have a sportline car around, so everything was from memory. I DO think it was thicker than sportline..to what degreee, can't say.

I have small hands and love the 135 wheel but it is a bit too thick for me.
I am OK with OEM sportline wheel though I do prefer the M sport aesthetically and a nicer leather and the nice little M logo at the bottom.

If I can swap em out for not crazy coin, I will. If not, no biggie.

On my 911 I had to do the swap. The OEM wheel was waaay too thin.
That rape was $1200. w/o airbag. They are very proud of their work.

I was trying to remember the sport line wheel and taking note on my 135i. If the Msport wheel is thinner than the 135i, then it's not much thicker than the sport line.

The sport line wheel looks nice, but not differentiated enough from luxury and modern, as it's the same wheel.
Sport line should have got the Msport wheel, or something different from lux and modern.
As you said, no biggie, just BMW could have done better.

The Euro market gets the stand alone option for the M wheel, and we in NA don't. Just like Msport doesn't get the brushed aluminum option, or red stitching with black leather.
It's just really ridiculous. Seems to take more time and effort to figure out who gets what in what market, than to just give every customer the same choices. Hell, the cars are built on the same assembly line.
Unless they have special assembly lines for NA market, right hand drive market, Canadian market, etc...
The people working on the assembly line must have to deal with too many freaking variations that only serve to limit the customers choices.
Appreciate 0