View Single Post
      12-20-2012, 12:55 AM   #11
speedf
Rep
Drives: F30 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedf View Post
Well, I guess there is supposed to be, since there is an option in the system where you can enable or disable fallback to FM in the case of loosing DAB. However, at per my post at the beginning of the thread, even with this option enabled, if I loose DAB it doesn't automatically give you the FM version. Hope to speak to dealer again next week, but at the moment they seem to be indicating that this function doesn't actually work!
So, BMW now have a final answer for me. Quote "the DAB radio does switch from a DAB to FM radio station when the DAB signal is lost on non-BBC stations".
Hmmmm. Personally, I don't believe this since I've never observed the radio switching from DAB to FM on any station - non-BBC or otherwise. I know it's not a "signal strength" issues, as two other cars with DAB fall-back to FM quite happily in the locations where my BMW doesn't. As suspected I don't believe the BMW actually has this functionality. Very disappointed and feeling let down by BMW - who assured me this feature was present before I bought the car.
Appreciate 0