02-19-2013, 05:40 AM   #12
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 631twentyeighteye View Post
I loved the previous generation of CTS-V's, but the new generation looks absolutely horrible IMHO. The rear end looks terrible, the front still looks very good.

I don't think i'd personally go from BMW to any american brand in general, the quality difference is appalling, especially in interior's. With that being said, I'd rock a Cadillac for sure.
I'm sorry, but I just don't get this inferior quality thing with BMW vs. American cars. As far as reliability there are several American brands that rank higher than BMW. As far as interiors go, I think people are confusing "quality" with styling. Styling is a preference; quality is an attribute to either the functional design for a particular use or the materials and workmanship. I could point to the E90's early build years with peeling interior parts and everyone's complaints about the cupholders (which I like BTW).

I think a lot of Bimmer owners try to justify their purchase of a car that has somewhat less reliability than an American car for $15K more in price by saying the interior quality is poor. Most current model American cars I have been in have an interior build quality on par with my E90.
Appreciate 0