View Single Post
      02-20-2013, 01:10 PM   #19
fireline43
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 Mercedes C250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I'm sorry, but I just don't get this inferior quality thing with BMW vs. American cars. As far as reliability there are several American brands that rank higher than BMW. As far as interiors go, I think people are confusing "quality" with styling. Styling is a preference; quality is an attribute to either the functional design for a particular use or the materials and workmanship. I could point to the E90's early build years with peeling interior parts and everyone's complaints about the cupholders (which I like BTW).

I think a lot of Bimmer owners try to justify their purchase of a car that has somewhat less reliability than an American car for $15K more in price by saying the interior quality is poor. Most current model American cars I have been in have an interior build quality on par with my E90.
I always say this. You have to justify spending so much for a car that has the same function as another car. The american cars I've had have been half the price of my bmw and yes the interiors arent amzing, but what bothers me is that the car double the price will still have defects. (i've had trim replaced in a couple spots that has peeled or flaked.)
Plus, you support america. Everyone wants to complain about the economy but then they go buy foriegn products.
Appreciate 0