View Single Post
      02-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #20
Jayp0d
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: *

Hey Guys,

So while the price on the CTS was insane ($67k, loaded), they couldn't come close to what I wanted for my trade. They basically agreed to pay off my loan, but current BlackBook value suggests I should be getting at least $3,000 back compared to what I owe. I'm glad I walked away from it though...

...because I just put a deposit on a loaded M3!

I'll start a new thread. I got within $500 of BlackBook for my trade (factoring a 2-3 month delivery time). I also got very close to invoice for the M3 (based on bmwconfig.com). I'll start a new thread, but I went through BMW of Newport RI for those of you who live in New England. Absolutely painless. We did everything via email, I sent them what I wanted to pay for the car, and what I wanted to get for my trade (which they came close to).

Getting back to the CTS-V, the real negative is the infotainment system. It is absolutely archaic. I love the interior (despite the plastic), love the Recaro seats, the analog clock, the gauge cluster with g-meter... But the technology is so dated. NO DVD player and thus, no iPhone/iPod video. The graphics of the Nav don't even look as good as the pre-LCI iDrive displays. There is no Bluetooth audio streaming and there is no way to display album art when connected to an iPhone/iPod. The salesperson said the 2014s should have the new Cadillac Cue system which looks pretty neat.

But for those of you interested in raw horsepower and proven 0-60 and 1/4 mile times (stock), you can get one for thousands less than a M3 or C63.
Appreciate 0