05-20-2014, 10:45 AM   #10
allachie9
Grumpy Old Man
Scotland
Rep
Drives: G30 520i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyrdr View Post
Sooooo, I have this build on my car: Road Map EUROPE Next 2013. I have confirmed (called BMW) that there is a new update to the maps (Build 2014-1). I was told that it would cost around 170-190 Euros (can't remember exactly). I though updates are free but apparently not. If the community here has information in writing that updates are free for X-type of Navigation System, please share if you don't mind. I would greatly appreciate it.

Some background on my car: It is a US Spec BMW with Eurpoe map, I am currently living/working in Germany. I do have the Professional Nav Sys.

Since my car is US Spec, the SIM Card that is installed in the car will not work in Europe, hence not being able to get the update over the air. I would have to go to a BMW Dealership and have them install the update. But seriously, if it would cost me that much for an update and I've only had my car 6 months, no thanks....I will wait a bit.
Joyrdr, I've no idea whether the complication of your car being US spec and the SIM not working in Europe has any bearing on the matter, but the link I gave yesterday -

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...tem=node__5238

definitely shows updates are free for the Pro Nav System. All I would suggest is going to a dealer, show him the link and ask him to update your system FOC.
It can't do any harm to ask.
Good luck.