03-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #16
IM2C
Major General
Rep
Drives: ∞ Improbability Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGuyadeen View Post
Hello All,

I would like to share with you today about How BMW Assist kept me out of imminent danger.

It was 2 days before Christmas Eve; I go up to Orlando every year to see family. And it started perfect nice day on the highway everything was Perfect. So this particular day (at the time i didn't know) there was a sun flare and caused my BMW Navigation to go Loco and i was thank god had a full tank of Gas and i ended up in this FAR FAR end of Orlando back woods no lights nothing just houses no main roads. at this time ive been wondering around following my navigation for 2 hours now its Pitch dark!!. Where all scared now we remember than Michel Jordan dad had died just like this it goes through your mind. No cell service. Out friends following in the back pulled to the side to see WATS going on we told them to hang tight and keep driving. We didn't even know what to do. So fearing i didn't pull over and keept driving i remember BMW Assist uses Sat so i pushed it (Forgot about it eailer) I took 10 min for me to get someone worse 10 min of my life i got someone and i told them exactly what happened and calmly i asked if they can make a call for me they got my friends on the other line and Dorris (BMW Assist rep never forgot the name) Guided me exactly out of there never took me off the line. We wondered so far in to the back woods it took us 1 hour to get out of there.

Thank God for BMW Assist i don't know what i would have done if i didn't have it. It probably saved me my family, friends from having to stop in complete unformiller teriotorry that wasn't even on a map.

The reason i brought this story up i was looking through the General BMW forums and found people asking if they should get it. You might only use it once but The one time you use it. It might save your life and get you out of danger. BTW My friends was a Dodge Charger and Onstar had signal when we got out lol it was so low that every time he made a call it would drop

Thank You BMW and dorris
You need NAV to guide you to your parent's house that you visit every year?