View Single Post
      03-10-2013, 10:52 PM   #12
Wes335XI
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335XI Space Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckimmel View Post
I have never driven a car with their Leatherette, but I don't see why, with modern technology, a synthetic material could not be made to feel/look/wear better without all of the negatives of hide. Maybe you checked it out more though?

I really have never found BMWs leather to be that great in the past and for all I knew, it could have been pleather. Seems thick, very opaque, and not pliable. My S4 had Recaro seats. They weren't as well shaped and fit as the BMW sport seats, but the leather was a hell of a lot nicer.

Not criticizing your choice, just throwing it out there for disussion. I will be happy to have leather bc of the color.
Well, I already own an E92 with Coral Red Leather and I love the smell of real leather. The leather has worn fairly well on the car, as long as it is taken car of.

I own a detail shop and have seen BMW's come in, some with leatherette and some with real leather. You can tell, it feels really soft and it does not seem as durable. I also would not pay $45,000+ for a vehicle and get leatherette with it.

Lastly, you also have to think of the resale value of the vehicle. If, for some reason you may want to sell it down the road, it would be a decent sale point to have leather seats and a custom color, like coral red. I bought my E92 used, but a big sale point was the Coral Red Leather seats because of how rare that color combo is, and it is a factory order only option.
2022 X5 MSport Alpine White/Tartufo Merino - Inbound
Appreciate 0