View Single Post
      11-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #20
The X Men
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
As my F30 sits in the shop for a suspension "adjustment", I requested a 5-series and was surprised to take seat in a 2012 535i X Drive "base" line with Navigation (unsure if it had premium, def didn't have tech since no HUD).

Since my last thread on the E__ loaner sparked some fun back and forth, I wanted to give a download on my impressions of this car.

The F10 has much much better seats. Even the base model I drove had a substantially amount of padding for the derrier compared to the F30. Odd I thought to myself.

The F30 is essentially a mini-F10:
1. ASS: MUCH much smoother on and off. Engagement is virtually seamless. I wonder if it's the car's weight that absorbs the "shake" from ASS starting and stopping?
There is no lines in the 5 series, just the sport package and the M-sport package options. The tech package in the 5 series does not include the HUD, it only has the Rear view camera; Hard drive-based navigation system; Real Time Traffic Information; Voice-activation capability; Online Information Services, the HUD is a standard alone option.
If you like the base seats in the 5 series, you need to try out the optional multi contour seats, you will think you have dead and gone to heaven, its by far the best seats in any car I have been in.
The 5 series does have a smoother ASS I chuckle as I write that It mainly due to the extra attention BMW paid to the 5 series as far as vibration and insulation.
I would say overall, the F10 is more of a cruiser than the F30. If one opt for the 550i M-Sport, the F10 can give the 335i a run for its money.
Appreciate 0