02-20-2014, 10:41 AM   #36
///MSport420
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 420D M SPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWA View Post
There definitely isn't a front camera view at 20 seconds, you can see the rear bumper at the lower end of the nav screen... I am 99.99% sure, even though I agree the video is misleading and shows as if the car is going forward and not backwards...

@Floriank the front nose camera are now included as part of the package of the surround view... I thought they came on when surround view is switched on, but on testing today, they actually don't. However they're very very useful (for me anyway)

As far as park assist is concerned, it's basically a system that helps with parallel parking, which I find myself not hard to do at all hence why I didn't go for the system. It's probably something you would use for a few times then forget about it, it requires time to calculate space required, which in real life not as quick as your own calculation on a busy road...
You are probably right as you allready own a car with surround view ...now am wondering if i really need it ..the main reason was to make my garage parking a bit easier
Appreciate 0