Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 385xi VNV Speed Custom

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gevoooon
Hi there,

I am planning to replace my faulty steering column switch cluster (SZL) on my F30.

I have read a lot of info from forums and websites which that the new SZL unit has to be reprogrammed and steering angle sensor recalibrated, but all those pages are talking about E9x not F3x.

Is it the same for F3x? I don't think VIN is specifically injected to SZL for F3x. So what sort of programming is required? Is it only recalibrating the steering angle sensor which I guess can be done with Tool32?

Thanks a lot.
Gev
Tool32 is outdated and dangerous. Get yourself a working copy of ISTA which will give you all the BMW workshop guides along with all diagnostic procedures and even coding and programming.
13' 335xi, ACF Tuned, ACF Stage 3 Turbo Kit (67mm),PDU PI, ACF Stage 4 LPFP, M-Perf Brakes, AEM CM10 Meth/Nitro, CG DR-1 + VS-1 3.5" Turboback, AFe S2 CAI+Ram Scoop, ER Chargepipe, Wagner EVOII Comp. FMIC, Stop-Tech SS Brake Lines, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve+Spacers F10mm R15mm, 19" Bridgestone Potenzas, KW EDC Coilovers, CF Seibon Hood + CSL trunk. Track:Pagid Race Pads, Stop-Tech Custom Pads Front+Rear Racing Tow Hooks
Appreciate 0