09-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #21
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaestroAl View Post
Where have you got that info from? I was talking directly to Network only on Thursday of last week and they were still offering me the deal ...

You see, what I don't get is that "the deal" that Network had was for all F30 cars. It wasn't for petrol or diesel or a particular spec. I've had that straight from the horse's mouth at Network. I think the "problem" here is that because the pricing was so good, a whole tonne of people ordered 330D M Sport models because they're by far the best car in the F30 range in the UK. BMW only allocate a limited number of production slots to 6cyl diesels and so I think Network simply sold more cars than BMW could cope with in terms of pure production slots.

What's really bizarre though is that Network themselves were still saying they would honour the pricing offered to me on Thursday of last week, even though it would have been a 2013 build slot ... go figure.

Also, with regards to the "oversubscribed in a fortnight" comment, I started getting quotes on August 1st and the pricing was already at the levels we've seen and yet my order was confirmed with BMW on August 17th and my build date is W43 so tonnes of people will have got in after me and still had a 2012 build date
I was bored so I made it up!
Now sue me!

My ETA's are 12 Nov '12 and 17 Dec '12. Strange that they were ordered at the same time.

Last edited by F30AM; 09-19-2012 at 01:04 PM..
Appreciate 0