12-18-2012, 03:18 AM   #70
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobUK View Post
Take seat out. Wipe it down. Spray with rust inhibitor. Refit seat.

It's easy for BMW UK to brush off individuals and refer them back to the dealers. Perhaps given that quite a few owners here have the seat problem, a group representation to BMW UK might carry a bit more weight?

My experiences with BMW UK have not be wildly successful. I asked them about the theft issue a while back (BMW's susceptible to being stolen using the key programming technique). Their response was "please contact your dealer or local police for advice on security" ... like they didn't even read my feckin email. I also asked about the availability of an Alpine upgrade for the F30, given my dealer has no idea. BMW's response "We recommend you contact your local BMW Approved Dealer for information on a software upgrade for the sound system".... again, didn't read the question and just gave a bog standard reply
I have had the same response "to start with" when I got a little more "persuasive" things changed, you can not IME tread lightly after initial contact with BMW UK, you have to apply pressure, contrary to what some may think.