02-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #41
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK479 View Post
I think you are right about the M Sport. Its been discussed here as a special look. I just hate having dicussions with people telling me its a poser ///M when the reality is the owner is not trying to look as though he or she has an M.

I think if BMW labeled the steering wheel as ///Msportline opposed to ///M wouldnt have this backlash. Or if the front spoiler wasn't such a duplicate of the next M3.

I realize all of the components that go into an M are skin deep. But why is BMW pushing the M look on non M cars? Money... they can sell a package and people will sign up.

Just in my case its about the Burl Wood, the nicer stitching. And less about the exterior appearance.
Never encountered poser mentality from anyone.

But I have been to shows where people put m badges and m stripes on cars that did not come with them. Thats one thing. Audi has the S-line which gives it S4 appearance, MB has Amg packs of wheels and bodykit for lesser models, Porsche put the body kit from the turbo on NA 911s as S models. This is pretty much the standard for the industry.

'98 Dinan/RMS stage 2+(VAC cams, CES Cutring etc)
'15 Buick Regal "T"(wife)
'06 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt (full suspension, LSD, clipped turbo etc)
Appreciate 0