GuitarDTO
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
Don't count on it.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2014/09/...f-de-nysschen/

It'll cost around the same as a C63 AMG, M4, and RC-F.

Cadillac is serious about being seen as a viable alternative to the Germans. They just hired Johan de Nysschen away from Infiniti (he wasn't there very long) who previously was the CEO of Audi who oversaw the transition from a car company who was practically bankrupt to it becoming the company it is today.

Basically, if you aren't willing to spend $50k-$60k or more on these cars, neither of these companies has any desire to cater to you unless you want one of their base line FWD cars. Like de Nysschen, you're a demographic they don't care to go for.

However, for that price you could get a Stingray Corvette...which (performance wise) is twice the car a 435i is.

Like I said, this thread is mostly full of incredibly delusional people who think these cars should cost as much as a Camry. Not gonna happen. What you paid for a BMW 10+ years ago is irrelevant.
A 2014 CTS-V coupe loaded is still ~5-10k beneath a loaded M4 depending on the particular options you choose. Much of which comes standard already on the Caddy (IE, having to pay extra for an "enhanced sound system" instead of friggin including it). There is no way the ATS-V is gonna be priced higher than the CTS-V.

Also, I'm not seeing where you are interpreting that people think a BMW should be priced as much as a Camry. Don't exaggerate. I personally think they are about 5-10k off from what they should be, or throw the options in as standard equipment and simplify the choices.
Appreciate 0