View Single Post
      10-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #73
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

Residual is not negotiable...it's 65% for 10k/year.

The $2k off does not seem like a great deal. Use BMWconfig.com to build your exact car, then find out the invoice price. Most people (Before promotions) are getting $500-1000 over invoice. Then if you are eligible for any promotions (should be eligible for $750 loyalty cash I believe) that comes off that price.

That lease deal sounds high, especially with taxes up front (which should be included in your $5k drive off), but I'm not sure what your local tax rate is and if $5k is only going to cap cost reduction.

Find your invoice price, find out how much they are charging you in fees (my first dealer tacked on an extra $200 on the bank fee and insisted he couldn't change it...I left and never went back)

Learn what the numbers all mean and then be vigilant to make sure they're actually giving you the right deal. It's easy for them to disguise a low monthly payment with a high cash amount up front.

I actually found my dealer "magically" added an extra $150 onto my sale price in between the time when I ordered the car and time when I purchased it (they redid the paperwork due to me adding on the M performance grills, but were still $150 too high). If it wasn't for me whipping out the calculator I would've easily just signed the papers and not noticed.