View Single Post
      12-13-2012, 06:41 PM   #18
brn2900
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbmw87
So, here's the story. Took my car in yesterday for a few items to get checked.

1.) Steering wheel emits a loud squeak when turning the wheel
2.) Car claims it needs more washer fluid - but when I go to put more in, the reservoir is full
3.) Brakes squeaking like none other

They had the car over night last night and I received a call from my SA earlier this afternoon. He asked what washer fluid I was using and I told him Rain-X. He said it is not BMW approved and the sensors couldn't detect it (new one to me). Also, they cleaned the brakes and didn't see anything wrong. As for the steering wheel squeak, they couldn't find anything wrong. I sent them a sound clip, and they are still trying to listen for the squeak. The SA then tells me that their technicians do not get paid for problems that don't get fixed, so if they can't find anything wrong or fix anything - I'm essentially wasting the technicians' time when they could be earning money on something else. He also said they can only spend so much time on a particular car. Guess I'm a little confused by this - BMW technicians only get paid on problems that are fixed???

Here's another one that got me - I was also told that if they spent time looking for something wrong by removing the steering wheel and found nothing wrong, BMW would not pay for it and it would be on me?!
I have the squeaky brakes too. I have a 335i m sport that's 2 weeks old. The rear brakes have squeaked since I got it. First they tried lubricating them. That didn't work. They replaced the pads yesterday. I heard a few very quiet squeaks again today. I followed the procedure that other people have mentioned on here for bedding the brakes and that seems to work. They're quite for now.
Appreciate 0