View Single Post
      04-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #72
Autumn
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGScuba View Post
Seriously? Monthly salary of 4k or 6k RMB? That's way lower than I expected. My quote of salaries between RMB 20-40 k per month are for in-house lawyers of between 5-8 years experience (yep I've seen their pay slips).

What sort of qualifications/professional status/years of work experience are you talking about, kqian? Cos I'm thinking that BMW's target audience in China is graduate PMEBs (Professionals, Managerial, Executive & Businessmen) who've worked for a few years.
SGScuba, I believe you're right, and he's right as well. The general rule for professional positions in China is that the salary is the same number-wise as US salary, only instead of USD its in RMB.

So they make about 1/6th the actual wage. It would be fair to say most professionals with a degree make about 5k RMB per month. It would also be fair to say experienced lawyers make about 20-40k per month, because lawyers make more than most other workers.

For comparison, the average worker makes about 5k per month in the US, but American lawyers can easily make 30k per month, about 360k/year.
Appreciate 0