View Single Post
      02-12-2014, 12:03 AM   #64
agnesx
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
The OP is complaining about a 2 second lag; as in one thousand one, one thousand 2. Yes, Comfort Mode has less immediate throttle response than the instant response of Sport Mode, but I would not call that a delay. Certainly not a 2 second delay Comfort Mode was designed to improve fuel efficiency.

Yes, it would be nice to have a Normal mode. While BMW is at is, I would like a mode where the steering and DHP are in sport mode while the throttle is in Comfort Mode. Maybe in time all of those personal taste variables will be available.

In the meantime, the OP's 2 second lag sounds like a mechanical or software problem with his 328i. If he gets it fixed, he will be happier.

Think the lag/delay by definition is quite subjective, so what we all think might not be the same as what the OP is feeling - a simple fix would be for the OP to test drive another 328, either someone from forums or from a BMW dealer, this way they can find out immediately whether this is issue with their car only... or is the 'norm' with 328s,

either way, hope it gets sorted out relatively easily for the OP good luck!
Appreciate 0