Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gjm127 View Post
Still don't get why they do high-speed test runs on public roads. The car still isn't approved by testing and they go doing these tests in public putting people's lives in danger.

Feel very sad for the driver and his family.

That crash was horrible btw. The car's a complete mess. I didn't think any impact could cause the car to be in such shape after a public collision. Interesting to see what BMW does after this. It surprises me now that the 3er won ''safest car of the year'' a couple months ago.
I live in Germany currently with my assignment in the military, and as for someone who drives the autobahn everyday I can say that it is a very safe road overall, even with vehicles driving at high rates of speed. Drivers are much more cautious about "keeping to the right" at all times unless you are passing, and the terrain is PERFECT to truly test these cars.. but the truck drivers are the worst, they switch lanes without looking ALL THE TIME, which is exactly what happened here. I wouldn't bash BMW's safety rating over this, ANY VEHICLE traveling at a high rate of speed crashing into a block of metal will not fair well. These are still some of the safest cars on the road.
Appreciate 0