View Single Post
      10-08-2012, 03:35 PM   #19
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
5th gear proved that these fuels are just not worth the money, the worst of which had NO improvements was BP ultimate it made NO improved performance at all, the only "noticeable" one was shell and that was 5BHP at high revs , how often will that be used in every day driving?.
So regular diesel and petrol is fine to use unless you are going racing.
Save your money it's all placebo.
errrr.... did you not watch the video above? 5th Gear said they did improve bhp, not by a lot (6 bhp) but that is not exactly "No improvement".
Are you sure you are not getting mixed up with the programme they did on fuel additives? They really are a waste of money and in some cases cars lost bhp. I've tried them over the years and I agree they are a waste of money (eg Millers Sport 4).

I have absolutely no doubt the throttle response is improved with BP Ultimate in my car. I wouldn't put it in otherwise. I dont think it makes the car any faster, but to me it just feel livelier under the throttle foot.

Over the summer I had to put in Morrisons stuff when on holiday and I could tell a difference straight away. Felt like I was carrying 3 extra people in the car and stunted the throttle response. It doesn't make a massive difference, but it is noticeable, and other people have said the same.

I'd say to people try it if you want to and if you dont feel any difference then dont buy it again

Last edited by dopper99; 10-08-2012 at 03:43 PM..
Appreciate 1
LobB5109.00