Thread: UK rules ok !
View Single Post
      04-26-2012, 01:17 PM   #7
f30 320d ED
Rep
Drives: 320d Efficientdynamics F30

BMW F30 320d efficientdynamics review.

OK UK guys! As above got my F30 on 12th April so I am writing this as the car is two weeks old. Best part of 1000 miles under my belt now so I thought that would give a fairly balanced review taking into account familliarisation and different driving conditions etc.

Firstly a little background detail. it is a company car, so the specification choice was limited within my company guidelines. That said I was fairly happy with the specification level of the car and the goodies it came with. It is a bog standard 320d efficient dynamics with no extras.

My previous car was an Audi A4 2.0 tdi SE 140. It was awesome so the BMW has a hard act to follow.

First impressions. Exterior. The colour is Sapphire Black Metalic. It looks great in this colour and has a very high qualty finish. Other things to note on the exterior....????The main thing is that the car looks 100 times better from every angle than it does in any of the sales literature or press pictures. Everything about it looks better and it does have an obvious quality about it.
The rear / rear qtr view is it's best and it does look quite muscular even with the Style 206 - 16" alloy wheels. the wheels fill the arches OK and dont look lost like they did on the E90 versions. I had high hopes that the decent amount of sidewall rubber will add to the ride comfort that is often criticised in the 3 series. more later.....
2 weeks on and the exterior view still appeals and it looks great after a couple of washes. (it has not stopped raining since i took delivery). Chrome tailpipe is big and beefy, little eyebrows over the headlights are quality, no chrome around the door windows (all black) looks excellent. The front end looks great, the much talked about bonnet line is un noticeable and in general it looks wide and very well balanced. 10/10.

To be Continued............
Appreciate 0