View Single Post
      11-18-2017, 05:58 AM   #30
F30Andy
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: An Entire Fleet

Incidents like this happen quite frequently due to something I call the Gran Turismo mentality.

You get people that have never driven on a road with no speed limit who are not familiar with it's rules, have no idea about ring etiquette, and have probably seldom to never driven cars well into triple digits for a long duration of time.
On top of this they also forget that unless it's a closed day the ring is still a public highway.

These kind of people have clocked up amazing lap times in cars they have probably never driven in real life on their PlayStation's and think they know the road like the back of their hand and can do it with their eyes closed.
What they don't understand is that their games console does not simulate things like the real life geometry of the road, surface camber, brake fade, tyre wear, locking up in the wet, etc.

I learnt this lesson the hard way when I was a teenager on his first road trip to the ring with his friends in his S14a 200SX which died on Schwedenkreuz when I lost control and spun out ricocheting into three cars.
Appreciate 1