View Single Post
      12-21-2015, 11:47 PM   #4
Zakattack20
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 F82 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilation
Not sure if you saw my other thread or this article: http://www.rightfootdown.com/reviews...ed-on-bmw-f30/

Anyway, I ran Dinan springs on factory M-Sport dampers (struts and shocks) for 7k miles or so including two track days (NJMP and Monticello). The Bilstein B8 shocks in the rear have reduced body roll but the most noticeable change has been to absorbing bumps. As I'm sure you've experienced, hitting a bump or taking a dip in the road results in the rear of the car sinking as if jumping on to a worn couch. There's just no rebound and you can see why in the video in the link above.

So far I'm happy with the Bilstein B8's in just the rear. You'll notice the difference immediately. The rear end feels lighter and the steering more responsive and in sync with your inputs. But there is a trade-off. The ride quality hasn't transitioned to harsh or bouncy but it is very firm. My wife hasn't complained - so there's that.
What's your thoughts on installing the bilsteins for the front? You felt the issue was more in the rear? I want to reduce the float and "crash" on bumps but not to be too harsh. I know bilstein makes them good...
Appreciate 0