Rep
Drives: BMW M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojo_m
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustyboy155
Quote:
Originally Posted by tojo_m
Did not know about something like this. Can BMW deny any sort of warranty work if they come to know you plugged in an obd ii scanner into the port?
Lol, why on earth would plugging in a data logger void your warranty. I understand all the warranty worriers coming out of the woodwork for chips and suspension mods, but an android app?!?
Because I'm not sure if this tool is a read-only tool. Can this not be used to write into the car? Such as clearing codes?
Deleting codes on your car doesn't affect warranty. You're allowed to do your own work on the car/ have an Indy shop work on it without affecting the warranty. Nothing you do to your car can blanket void anything. The burden of proof is on BMW to explain why clearing a code on your car with a widely used obdII reader caused your adaptive suspension to fail. There's also absolutely no way they would ever know. You pull the obd II dongle out when you're not using it and that's it. Unless you walked in and told them they would have no clue.