View Single Post
      03-01-2013, 02:01 AM   #1
Spacebug
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 F31 320D M Sport

Auto Wiper responsiveness

So a while ago I posted about my auto wipers not being that responsive. The car is at the dealer for a couple of things so I brought this up with them.

The called me later in the day to give me an update and stated that the wipers were fine... Thing is, the F30 loaner that they haven't works likes dream...! The difference between mine and the loan car is night and day... I had to turn the sensitivity down.

I wonder how they validate that the auto wipers work... I hope they don't just sprinkle water on the sensor and see if they spring into life.. If they do that then it's no wonder that they say they work...

I told them about my experience with the loaner and asked them to go and look at it again...

BTW. I was told by the service rep that there is a software update campaign for the wipers. The things it resolves are to do with auto wipers being left in the wrong position, or running on after switching off the car. Mine did not have that issue, but they are doing the update anyway. He also mentioned something in the update about the boot opening mech but I didn't catch the details
Appreciate 0