View Single Post
      08-14-2011, 11:59 PM   #124
sq86
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i E92 LMB

Garage List
Good looking car initially but I'd like to see some more photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
To signify the importance of the new 3er as it is a key segment for growth , everything is seen as increasing the image of the car , especially for customers who are downsizing from larger luxury vehicles.
And also the size?!?!?! What about people who do not want a large sedan but something between a 1er and a 3er? Instead of catering to a larger vehicle segment clientel focus on what made the e3/46 cars great. This is why I bought the 1M while BMW still made fun driving, small cars that weren't built to cater to a larger, different group of people. You are making BMWs like the Big 3 in the 70's (too big and forced to downsize after the competition already has... in case you don't know).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulBailey@ltbmw View Post
Trunk looks so short
Yeah it really does in comparison to the hood/bonnet and it has nothing to do with the angle Scott.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver View Post
As anticipated, it looks like a downsized 5, which is a good sedan to look like.
5er is a great looking car IMO. Hopefully it'll drive as good as it looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraymond View Post
I would seriously be interested to see the external size dimension difference between this new 3 and the 7 series from say 1997
I bet it will definitely be bigger, in both size and weight, than the e39 which is truly disappointing. Because what if you don't want something as large and need four doors??? Nothing.

BMW CCA Member# 481791
Current: 2013 E92 328i LMB/Saddle Brown (1 of 21 for E92 LCI in that combo), 2018 F31 330xi AW/Saddle Brown
Sold: 2011 1M BS/Black, 2008 E90 328xi AW/Beige, 2001 E46 330xi SG/Black
Appreciate 0