View Single Post
      10-04-2012, 08:45 PM   #28
boltjames
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i Luxury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post

I suggest only that every driver should be able to easily handle a luxury car, such as the F30, without electronic traction control, electronic stability control and training wheels. If not, his driving should be limited to a desk - preferably one bolted down and in a chair without wheels.

Similarly, if you cannot feel the car take control, the traction control kick in and do not notice the light on the dash when the nannies take over, you also should not be driving.
What a ridiculous premise. Is that what you enthusiasts aspire to do? Turn off the very features designed to keep you safe so that you can prove that you're some sort of automotive badass?

The F30 is a $50,000 imported luxury car. That's all it is. It's not a sports car. Its purpose is to drive 50 year olds from Point A to Point B in a comfortable and safe manner with a little style and a little class. DTC and DSC aren't optional; they are an integral part of the handling of the car, the car has been designed to function with those features on, you turn them off, you're reducing what the car is designed to do, not accentuating it.

I hope to God that you drive on a track in the manner in which you describe. I'd hate to run into you on the open roads, having you risking my life just so you can have a 5 second "thrill" by taking a 10 MPH turn at 30 MPH to make yourself feel like some myth of a person that forums like this propagate.

Grow up. It's time.

BJ
Appreciate 0