View Single Post
      01-30-2013, 05:17 PM   #14
crow
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 550i Carbon Black Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post
Anytime the mid-range is rattling the walls, it really tells me that the sound is upside down. The bass should be rattling the walls, not the midrange for goodness sakes.

So, by following my earlier post, it may be possible to prevent the "honking" sound from vibrating and driving him crazy. Plus, the added benefit is that his music will sound better.

The ear can acclimate to the crappiest of sounds. So, I would expect that even if lowering a mid frequency sounds a little different, the OP will be more than happy to stop the vibration of the door panels.

The OP is taking a ton of sound energy and pushing it at the mid range. So, I am sure his system will rock by shifting all of that sound energy to the low frequencies where it belongs.

Finally, BMW is known for notching certain frequencies to allow for engine noise to come into the cabin.

That means even your flat EQ is not flat. Thus, the listener's experience is already compromised.
Thanks for the reply but all I know is the mids in the door are causing really bad rattles that I can hear and it is annoying. My old e90 with the HK system did not do this.