02-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #4
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: AMG C63s Coupe & F56 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunscreemer View Post
When I test drove the 320i xDrive I was impressed. I like firm suspension and it is just that, but not overly so in my opinion. I'd read motoring press talking about needing the adaptive suspension to make it the best car in class handling wise, but the dealer actually told me not to waste the cash and I have to agree with them. The car is supposedly still lowered by 10mm and with sports suspension according to the specs. It drove great to me and I didn't want to splash out on adaptive suspension that would perhaps just give me the option for a softer ride i don't want.
I think I would check the dealer is telling the truth as BMW confirmed is is not 10mm lower and does not have the sport springs, I had a good test drive of X Drive before committing to new car and have gone with RWD and get set of winters , have to say great grip but this also loses some of the driving experience for me, but I think it depends what you have been driving before, the ride height and lack of sport spring put me off slightly tbo , but then I was not even looking for AWD until it was an option
Appreciate 0