06-26-2012, 05:51 AM   #24
arnsbrae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
It is only a matter of time, the 320d xDrive is coming to the UK, BMW have stated that in the releases.

I imagine the delay with diesel xDrive, is due to the petrol xDrive models having development and production priority. Remember the UK RHD market is not the key market for xDrive cars. The availability of the 320i xDrive to the UK, ahead of next winter, shows we are not totally left out as before.

HighlandPete
Yes, I'm sure they have their reasons (and I'm sure we'd both love to know what they really are) but from a consumer's point of view, I would have thought that there are a lot more diesel F30s sold in the UK, so therefore a higher demand. I agree the UK market is not the key market for xDrive cars but that will be due, at least in part, to the fact that it hasn't been available 'til now (or soon at any rate).

The xdrive system for the F30 would appear to be pretty much developed, so I believe this may be a marketing decision rather than a technical one and I still question that decision.

And from MY point of view, my build is scheduled to start Week 1 in August so, on a purely personal level - I'm frustrated! Unless there is a wee miracle in the next few weeks (which is unlikely in the extreme), I'm going to miss out badly.

At the end of the day - that's life. BMW doesn't exist to cater for my every whim, but I'm left with a so near yet so far feeling. Why did it have to be the bleedin' 320i first?