10-04-2012, 06:42 PM   #19
DieselRocket
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCornwall View Post
Just picked mine up this afternoon, it's worth the wait!!
Hi Richard,

I'm a little jealous of you having your 330d already! I only ordered mine last weekend (Sat 29th) so the delivery date the dealer has given me is w/c 17th Dec - I guess this could easily slip into new year, as I'm about to add lumbar support to the spec.

I'm interested to know how your car drives. I test drove and 330d M Sport Touring and really liked it for it's easy, relaxed torque and very nice engine sound (preferred the sound to the 328i I'd driven minutes earlier). I've driven some fast beemers and a good mate has an E90 535d and this felt pretty much as quick, though I noticed a bit less grunt low down and at the top end (to be expected with one turbo against 2). The car I drove had just 90 miles on it, so I guess it was a bit tight. BTW I swore I'd never drive an auto until old age hit me, but I really like the 8-speed sport auto.

The demo car had standard M Sport suspension, with no adaptive and I found that, while the car was generally pretty controlled, it was a bit lacking in control in fast bends for my taste - tad too much roll and softness.

I've read a couple of magazine reviews that say the adaptive suspension significantly tidies up the handling over standard M Sport. Do you have the adaptive? Either way, I'd love to know what you think of the overall drive.

What spec did you go for? I've gone for:
- F30 330d M Sport in Estoril blue
- Adaptive suspension
- Sport hydraulic steering
- M sport brakes
- Visibility package
- Pro Media Package
- Heated front seats
- Harmon Kardon speakers
- Lumbar adjustment (which I'm about to add)
- 19" wheels

Do you have the Touring or saloon?

Thanks
Dave
Appreciate 0