02-15-2013, 07:02 AM   #6
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3581512 View Post
The fact that we have to go through this just to raise the wipers irks the hell out of me.
I can understand it's probably for aerodynamics, but it's very possible someone may try to raise the wipers without knowing the procedure and damage them.

Is this how it is for all BMW's? What about Mercedes,Audi, Lexus?
I've had my one side of my car foamed a couple of times up before I remembered to lift the wipers off the screen. So annoying having to go through the routine.

It's pretty obvious that neither wiper can be lifted terribly high in the off position, so unless one is very heavy handed, I believe there shouldn't be terribly many 'injuries' to the hood.

The F30 is the first model since the E36 (cannot comment on the E30 and earlier as I never owned one) I have had to go through this routine. All wipers on the E36, 46 and 90 lifted off from the horizontal off position.

My wife's C180k's wipers lift off from the horizontal off position.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0