View Single Post
      08-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #249
SmoothSteeringHopeful
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitched79 View Post
I've been dealing with the steering wheel vibration since day 1.

Now, I'm starting to notice that I can feel the vibration throughout the entire car at high speeds (80mph+).

Is it just me or does anyone else notice it?

I have the usual steering wheel shimmy that everyone is upset about, which occurs between 40-60mph, during which the actual ride of the car is perfectly smooth.

The steering wheel vibration/shimmy goes away after 60, and until 80, the ride is perfectly smooth.

After 80 (specifically, when approaching 90mph), the vibration suddenly appears in the ride of the car - the steering wheel does not vibrate/shimmy at high speeds, but I can feel it in the car.

It's not the usual vibration I grew accustomed to in cheaper cars that had alignment/balancing problems with the tires, where the vibration would seem to move from the front of the car, through the middle of the car, and then out the back of the car while traveling at highway speeds.

In my 328i, this vibration is constant after 80mph.

I'm starting to regret trading in my MINI for this car... the MINI had NO vibration issues whatsoever from day 1.
Same issue here. My watch vibrates now, and past 70-75 my hand shakes. 4k miles on her now and its just getting worse
Appreciate 0