03-25-2013, 11:03 PM   #25
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN328 View Post
About bms. Officials say 40 hp atw. Some guy bought it and dyno it with only 18hp atw gain and some say they can't feel the difference while some can. Wtf
Who should I trust?
Absolutely fantastic power & torque gains. Full Stop. Now the guy who's dyno showed an 18whp gain was running stock 328i with 91AKI gas. That's it. Not sure of weather at the time. Also type of dyno and manner in which the car was used on the dyno & fan can and will make a big difference. In addition, manual tranny will show a little less gain than a manual, due to AT losses. Not sure which tranny he has.

BMS achieved 40whp using catless down pipe and a mixture of E85 and 93AKI both maximising gains over stock car. Coolish weather conditions to further maximise gains. Making sure the dyno operator knew exactly what to do.

Not feeling a difference is most unusual, but it might be due to an incorrect installation. Possibly the unit was faulty, but unlikely. Only one out of dozens of tunes reported this issue.

Do keep in mind it's not about peak performance, but maximising overall gains across the entire useable power band.

It does take a few full stops & starts (not ASS) with varied use for the system to kick in properly, but the BMS Stage 1 tune does indeed work.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0