08-27-2012, 08:32 AM   #35
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
I think people need to drive the Active Hybrid 3 to fully understand what a great car it is. It's not so much about saving fuel, it's about instant torque and acceleration from the electric motor. For now, it's the range topping F30 model with about 40hp and 50Nm more than the 335i. Yes, it is heavier but you don't notice it too much.

As to start/stop mode, someone else has mentioned already that the system in the F30h is quite a bit different from the regular ASS system. You don't even notice the engine going on and off when driving.

Combine all this with the new Nav and the fabulous M Sport package and you got a darn nice and quite excluive car. Long story short, I can't wait to get mine.

Best regards,
south
Hey south, you're getting one? Congrats!

Yeah, I'm very excited about mine as well!

And as for it being heavier, it turns out my ActiveHybrid 3 will weigh the same as most people's 335i. Why? Because I always drive solo, I'm a light weight, and I'm getting a sunroof delete (kills 50 pounds or so of bad weight right there).

So if 2 guys that weigh 180 pounds are driving in a 335i, I'll actually weigh the exact same in my AH3.
Appreciate 0