12-26-2017, 07:29 AM   #76
3ToAgree
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuminNuman View Post
In my case the stock suspension is so floppy it's untenable. The suspension is so surprisingly bad it must be removed (today) way before any driveline discussion.(I have the xdrive so haven't really got the need for the diff, though I believe the same part can be added and would help with throttle add out of a turn).

I have the arc8 18x8.5 et38 and PSS 255/40/18 in the mail for as soon as it stops snowing. I'll figure out the coils soon, I'm just not sure if that is all it will take (sway bars and I fear changing bushings may happen).

The stock brakes are also too soft and spongy even. I may try a better fluid soon. But when the brakes are near end of life equipment changes there will be made. (I did not get the track pkg). Then we'll see about driveline (diff /mounts etc).. and finally a few extra hp. There's usually a logical order to fixing a car. I never would consider a diff a wear item....
Since the labor was the same for new springs vs coilovers, I just went with the coilovers. I was looking at the Dinan spring set but decided to just go all the way and do the complete change. All I can say was my 340i was a new car with the B16 coilovers and all of that floppiness was gone.

Since you mentioned it, I have my brakes being changed tomorrow I really wanted to put the Brembo GT BBK on but couldn't justify the cost and decided to go with the M Performance kit. I actually don't think the stock BMW brakes on the sport line are that bad and certainly not a day 1 type of upgrade for me but got a steal on a M Performance set so I'm doing it.
Appreciate 0