View Single Post
      11-17-2012, 03:17 PM   #27
BarryK
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkTrigger View Post
I did. Left my car at the dealership on Wednesday. They gave it back to me saying their software was not up to date since they just got the new software CD on Monday. They do the system upgrades over the weekend so I have to bring it back again on wednesday next week. They had the gall to blame it on me, saying my car was too new!!

I tried to get them to do it when my car came in but they said it cannot be done when you take delivery!

Maybe it's just my dealership. I should probably shop around.
Who's your dealer?? I'm in SoCal as well - got my 335 in Santa Ana (not sure if we're supposed to mention dealer names, but I think you can figure it out ). Anyway, they were willing to reprogram it whenever I wanted - only problem is (as has been stated many times) it takes a day or 2. Not sure why, but any time they have to touch the computer, it's at least 1-2 days - wierd.

So I took it back a couple weeks after I picked it up & they took care of it - stays off now. They also fixed my hood release - wouldn't open...

All's well - enjoying the car. I second what others have said - just reference the service bulletin & tell them to take care of it!!
Appreciate 0