09-18-2012, 01:15 PM   #25
EnerJi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 BMW 335i M-Sport EB-II

Quote:
Originally Posted by m630 View Post
According to V1 site, its for the specific type of radar that is fast on short bursts, sort of stealthy radar pulses rather than just a continuous beam.

The V1 is a saver and very necessary, even if you have to live with the false positives, its worth it from my point of view.

Laser is very different and has pros and cons from a LEO point of view, its not as widely used in my locale and has some issues with usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacampbe View Post
The V1 laser detection has saved me from a ticket more than once in my Miata. I think it's effectiveness varies based on your car. People often describe laser detection as a "ticket detector", but I apparently got enough scatter from the cars ahead to alert well before I was targeted (i.e. approaching over a hill).

OTOH, lidar is not used that heavily around here--I guess it's usually too hot for them to roll down a window much of the time :-) When you do see it, it's often from a motorcycle.

It makes for a really good Infiniti detector, though.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll have to consider it. Would you both recommend a V1 over the latest Passport 8500/9500?

Would also love to hear whether anyone has experience installing a laser shifter on their F30.
Appreciate 0