04-23-2013, 06:15 PM   #18
Steve33
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by R12ax7 View Post
Haha, that would be cool....I planned on getting EBII but decided to go with GS instead. Yeah I know there is a wide swing of what production slot you could get assigned. For instance I got a slot that was already about to go into production. So when you first log onto the bmw site, you see a different car than you ordered (which freaked me out last time). Alternatively you might be at the end of the que and wait to even enter production (which it sounds like happened to Steve). Some CAs dont know they can use an existing cars production slot and just modify the order to get their customer into production faster - or it could be that the deal is just that backed up with orders/has a smaller allocation.
My dealer is one of the biggest in the US and they only had a few 335's left in their allocation so who knows. Mine online was the right pic... EBII with 403M. I tried getting them to modify an existing car, but they cycle through their 335's quickly and wouldn't go for it... they only have 5 on the lot (out of 339 according to online inventory) and only 2 m-sports that are lightly optioned.
Appreciate 0