View Single Post
      01-16-2014, 11:04 AM   #105
kapkanimd
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 Competition Gran Coupe

Ok guys, I have started the DIY, it will be a work in progress as I am doing it as I can in my spare time. This should get you started with the parts for now as that is the most important. Once completed we can start a new thread to discuss. I am using a google doc so it is updated in real time. Here is the link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Everything except the wiring and the LED modules were purchased via ebay. If you can find a complete headlight at a reasonable price then go for it. Everyone I have seen on ebay is without the modules so pay attention to what you are buying. Do not pay more than $1k for bare headlights..

NOTE: This is just for the headlights without the autolevelers, I will do a separate addition at the end or on another document for those. Mine still are not working so I did not want to include. They are also not necessary at all if you do not wish to have them.

NOTE 2: This is also specifically for US model cars. The wiring in EU spec cars is slightly different, and might require different part numbers. I am also assuming at least you would need different driver control modules for those that drive on the wrong side of the road As I mentioned in the disclaimer, it would be smart to double check real oem using your VIN to verify parts you need.

Last edited by kapkanimd; 01-16-2014 at 11:15 AM..
Appreciate 0