View Single Post
      01-16-2014, 09:00 PM   #107
roxxor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapkanimd View Post
Ok guys, I have started the DIY, it will be a work in progress as I am doing it as I can in my spare time. This should get you started with the parts for now as that is the most important. Once completed we can start a new thread to discuss. I am using a google doc so it is updated in real time. Here is the link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Everything except the wiring and the LED modules were purchased via ebay. If you can find a complete headlight at a reasonable price then go for it. Everyone I have seen on ebay is without the modules so pay attention to what you are buying. Do not pay more than $1k for bare headlights..

NOTE: This is just for the headlights without the autolevelers, I will do a separate addition at the end or on another document for those. Mine still are not working so I did not want to include. They are also not necessary at all if you do not wish to have them.

NOTE 2: This is also specifically for US model cars. The wiring in EU spec cars is slightly different, and might require different part numbers. I am also assuming at least you would need different driver control modules for those that drive on the wrong side of the road As I mentioned in the disclaimer, it would be smart to double check real oem using your VIN to verify parts you need.
Thanks for the write up so far, however I'm really thrown off about the parts numbers. The numbers the write up shows for the headlights don't correspond to any part for BMW on either getbmwparts, Realoem, or pretty much any of the sites to buy parts from. In looking through the ones listed on eBay, there are some listings that say they are the correct part # as shown on Realoem, but the decal on the headlight in their pictures lists it as a different part number very similar to what is listed in the writeup.(ex: listing says it is part number 63117338708, which is what Realoem shows as the correct part number for a xenon headlight with adaptive lights, but in that same listing the decal shows part #63117259554.)

Is there perhaps somewhere else on the headlight housing itself which shows a different part #? Just trying to eliminate any confusion.
Appreciate 0