04-22-2012, 11:16 AM   #176
jeremicium
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 328i

Garage List
I score the above debate for....///M1.

Robin_NL says, "Don't underestimate my experience with fast Audis, just don't. Get that?!!!!" What is this? Sounds like typical forum post tough guy syndrome.

The e-diff is a joke. I love my 335, but it's a one wheel drive car. I hate that, I can feel it on the track and on the street.

The fact that the 335 is a direct competitor for the S4, and the S4 has the ability to drive all four wheels, and particularly to put varying amounts of power to the rear wheels in a corner puts the 335 at a disadvantage. In my limited experience I felt the S4 with active diff provided a better handling experience than the F30 335. Not more fun, but without a doubt I was able to take corners faster in the Audi.

Look at track times for these two cars. S4 wins here. Despite the weight disadvantage, and despite the S4 being based on a fwd platform, something is making the audi faster. I'd venture to say that its a slightly more powerful engine AND the torque vectoring diff.

Would I take the S4 over the F30 335? Not sure. If I could get the S4 at close to the same price as the 335 I would be very tempted, despite being partial towards BMWs.
Appreciate 0