View Single Post
      11-06-2012, 02:30 PM   #6
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
use only your 4 fingers with your left hand, if your thumb rests on the grooved portion, you're telling it to open and close at the same time...
Thanks for the tip (I know you weren't trying to be condescending) but I'm quite familiar with how CA is supposed to work.

I should have been clearer in my original post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.fresh.f30.335 View Post
No offense to those who have responded but do you think the OP is a moron? If he has had the car a while he's clearly been able to use it before so the step by step seems like a dumb response...

I just had this start happening! It's annoying and aggravating... My buddy works for BMW and said I have to bring it in... Said it could be the key battery starting to go(on a 6 month old car with 14k on it... Whoever told BMW is more reliable that an Audi lied!)

Don't feel bad though, this will be the 5th time I'm going to the dealer.
Looks like the key battery could be the culprit for me then as well if you're experiencing the same symptoms. At least that will be a relatively easy fix (or so you would think).

And 5th visit? Sorry to hear that man. This will only be #3 for me but I had 0 problems/dealer visits over 5 years with my previous E90s.
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0