View Single Post
      12-18-2012, 11:18 PM   #5
Tsuyoi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
When and where did it leave from? Mine finished production Saturday and I'm hoping it's on a boat already but that's probably too optimistic.
Tiger isn't bound for NY.

For NY deliveries, you may actually be shit outa luck. There is a boat leaving tomorrow (loaded today) from Bremerhaven that docks on Jan 2nd. However, if your car just finished production Sat, chances are it either hasn't reached the port of exit, or has just arrived there (my car took 3 days from end of production to reach port of exit). If you're lucky and you managed to catch the ship leaving tomorrow (the Torino from WW), then you can expect an early Jan delivery.

However, if you're like most people on here, and need to wait a week in port, then you're screwed, because the next WW ship from Germany that actually stops in NY departs like Jan 7th, and doesn't dock in NY until Jan 23rd.

Of course, there may be a non WW ship that sails from Germany to NY, or they may ship your car to say Boston and then truck it to NY instead of waiting for the Jan 7th ship. Best bet is to call your CA next week and see if it made a ship. They have up to date information.

Hope you make an earlier ship! My CA should tell me in a day or two if I managed to catch the Torino (have been waiting in port since 12/12)
Appreciate 0