10-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #13
AWF30MSPORT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 Porsche 981 Cayman GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981 View Post
Honestly if you crawl under there and look at the stock canister/muffler it pretty much looks the same as an m performance muffler. Its more on the inside thats the difference and the nice shiny ///M logo tips. Better flow too. I know its dissapointing spending $1000 for just a muffler and its not exceptional quality. Its basically factory spec material from what I saw. But regardless I tink I will pull the trigger and dish out the coin. I like the suble sound and no warranty problems.

Oh and I was gonna ask you, since youre doing your own install, and I plan to do the same. What are you cutting the pipe with? I was planning on using a sawzall with a metal blade to drop the stock canister down. Let me know how it works out.
Yeah, that's basically what it comes down to...I was hoping for just a bit more for $1,000, but I'm not worried about it anymore...just my initial reaction when I opened the box.

Regarding your question, I'm actually having it installed at BMW right now as I type this...I was going to do it myself, but I got them down from $258 to $188 to install the exhaust while they do my Sirius enable coding and auto start/stop is being coded to remember the last setting. I too was a little worried about the best way to cut off the old exhaust cleanly, so this just seemed like the easiest way to go now that they aren't trying to charge me the orginal $258 quote. I also talked them WAY down on the labor for my H&R springs, so they are installing them now as well. After today, the only thing left are my wheels, which I expect to arrive on Wednesday.
Appreciate 0