Thread: Winter Shoes
View Single Post
      11-25-2013, 11:41 AM   #4
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SMB M3 CP with lots of carbon

Seriously, have a look at some of the previous threads on winter tyres. There are some huge long running ones. As the Capt says, you'll need 18". First thing is call your insurance company and see how they feel. Do they accept non OEM wheels?

Mine wanted to charge me extra so I negotiated with dealer to get set of 18" 397's. Quite liked the design and decided I'd get them over the normal M Sport 400M's.

I have square setup all round. You'll have a little less grip with square but if you were to use in really bad weather, square will be better. It's also cheaper!

I've got runflats as BMW supplied them. If I was going 3rd party, I'd have Michelin Alpin 3 non runflats.

Your problem is going to be finding something now as going by the other thread, demand is very high and both BMW and some of the tyre suppliers can't now deliver.

Check your insurance first and then delve through the threads - all the info you could ever want is there!
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 0