View Single Post
      06-16-2016, 09:19 AM   #27
vitriol
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M Sport

Hi everyone

Sorry to raise this thread from the dead, but wanted to close the loop.

As a reminder, I was looking to get into a new 340i with a lower monthly payment (to preserve marital bliss). Challenge is -- I need to go from 10k miles/year to 15k -- which obviously has a huge impact on lease payment. Adding to that, BMWFS bumped their base money factor in May, and also at this point BMWFS is not extending any kind of loyalty cash.

After a ton of agonizing about what to do (i.e., 328 vs 340), I admitted to myself I need the B58. The 328 is a terrific car and the engine is really impressive, but in the end I knew I'd be unhappy without the bigger engine. I resigned myself to getting into a no/low option 340, deciding I could live without leather, nav, M Sport and 19" wheels.

BUT -- I stumbled upon a heavily discounted 2016 340i with M Sport, Driver Assist, leather, nav, 403M 19's AND ZLP/adaptive lighting. It had been in inventory for several months so the discount was more than 10% off MSRP.

The other factor was I came around to the idea of multiple security deposits (MSDs), to bring the MF down.

So -- with the discount and the addition of MSDs, I got all the car I wanted WITH 15k miles/year at a payment of $50 LESS than my previous payment.

My wife is happy (not thrilled -- she would still rather see me in a Camry)... but at least she recognizes that the payment is lower, which was the objective.

Here are a couple of iPhone pics. Alpine White wasn't my first choice... but I have to say the color has really grown on me. A nice change of pace after more than 10 years with black cars.

Huge thanks for all the input and advice!

Appreciate 0