01-29-2012, 07:04 AM   #7
SomeRandomer123
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Luxury - Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdx
I already tested this in the F10, it did not work until you drop around 5km/h overhere. Very annoying because I was showing people how it worked that good; obviously there faces were like; "yeah, works like a charm".

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeRandomer123 View Post
Mmm.... 535i Yeah give it a go! What's the worst that could happen?
KABOOM! HPFP!
I've only seen it very briefly in an F30 I sat in, but do you reckon the view is large enough to take on the roll of blind spot monitor or am I just being an idiot?
Personally, I would say no. I was not able to see the real world in it all the time (but it was a little bit dark! to be honest), it looks like the screen has just a little bit to little sharpness in it. If I would put the iPhone 4S screen next to it, the iPhone 4S looks more like the real thing to me.

Others found it very nice & cool to see, so it is really up to yourself. Test-drive a F10 and test it yourself.
Ahh, I must say I wasn't blown away by the quality of the picture on the iDrive screen in the F30 but it was a pre-production model. Our 330d is going in for its final service (and a few repairs) on Feb 6th and the dealer said they are more than happy to lend us an F10 for the day. It'l be a 520d but you never know, it may have surround view!

Gone: 2006 BMW E60 520d SE 6MT
Gone: 2009 BMW E90-LCI 330d SE 6MT
Current: 2012 F30 328i Luxury 8AT
On Order: 2015 Audi A6 Avant Ultra, Black Edition (sorry!)
Appreciate 0