11-16-2012, 07:31 AM   #7
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny C View Post
Its not going to get anywhere near 48 mpg. High 30's hwy, high 20's city. Maybe 30 in the city. I have mine for a week and so far after 250 miles thats what Ive been getting. In eco pro mode its definitely sluggish. In comfort mode its quick. In sport mode its fast. The handling is good but I can feel the difference in weight between the e90 and this car. Its a good balance between luxury and sport. The e90 was more of a sports car though.
Nice review. Concurs with my feelings that I experienced during a test drive. Eco Pro is only useful for pure stop-and-go traffic. Yes, the E90 is more of a raw experience, but the AH3 is fun when pushed.

Your mileage seems good. I'm personally hoping for 30-32mpg in city driving. Much of my commute is bumper to bumper traffic. Not many cars (that you'd want to drive) can get 30mpg in the city. Sometimes I sit without moving for 3-5 minutes in traffic. Idling a normal car for this long seems extraordinarily wasteful to me. Yes, I know all F30s have A.S.S., but I'm sure the AH3 handle this better than a normal F30, especially considering the 105ºF days we get here in Texas. It is so hot in the summer, the A.S.S. in my M3 would rarely come on, due to the cooling demands of the A/C.
Appreciate 0